Your question reminds me an old story.
A young man went to an astrologer. The astrologer read his Kundali, consulted the stars and said, “ You have to suffer a lot till you are TWENTY FIVE.”
The young man asked with great joy, “And after that Guru Ji.”
“And after that, you will get used to it,” said the astrologer.
You have never chose suffering. It was always forced upon you. The forced suffering is not a guarantee of happiness. It is so because if you remain the same and the world remain the same, there is no reason that your suffering shall vanish just because they have tormented you for couple of years.
It is only when you invest your suffering carefully for the happiness, you can hope to lead a joyful life.
- When you study long hours when others are playing, you perform well in your examinations
- When you are practicing day and night when others are relaxing, you become a better player
- When you work harder on your job, you get faster promotions and better salaries
- When you suffer the pain of working out, your body becomes healthier and stronger
Happiness is never a matter of chance. You have to strive today to enjoy your happiness tomorrow.
I can suggest you the following for creating more happiness in your future.
- Learn from your mistakes and don’t repeat them
- Choose realistic goals. Don’t aim too high goals by observing the success of other people.
- Choose the company of happy and positive minded people
- Focus on action rather than merely planning and speculation
- Work hard as much as you can and leave the rest to God/destinty
- Develop the habit of helping others. When you help others, you also get help from other people.